Friday 27 June 2014

I found out what the hell Spike Lee was doing at the Vila Isabel quadra in Rio...!!

So as you'll all know from reading my posts, my friend Spike Lee showed up a couple of times to samba rehearsals at the samba school I paraded with, Vila Isabel.

Me and my mate Spike, hanging out

Now I know why...

He was scouting for his latest "joint", which turns out to be a film for something calling itself 'Pepsi Beats of the Beautiful Game'. The song, entitled "The Game" is sung by Miss Kelly Rowland, and video has a story of its own.

The video tells a fictional tale of a young football fanatic living in Vidigal (a favela in Rio's South Zone). "Pixote's Game"  stars my fellow passista, Pedro, as a 'John' (or a pimp, not quite sure...) as well as the mestre and other members of the bateria of Vila Isabel.

Watch it in all its glory below.




beijos,
Karla x

2 comments:

  1. Errrrrrr.....can we discuss her dreds - her thick beautiful hair....not to mention her face. Urgh :)

    ReplyDelete